John Pinto reflects on his 25 years as a Navy pilot, his wonderful marriage (still strong at 58 years), & more.
Recorded November 15, 2016 Archived November 15, 2016 36:21 minutes
DescriptionRather than following his dad's path as a commercial fisherman, John Pinto became a carrier pilot for the Navy, returning to Plymouth MA 25 years later as a lobsterman.
- "C 121" aircraft
- "C1A" aircraft
- "Coral Sea" aircraft carrier
- "Enterprise" aircraft carrier
- "Keep your nose clean and keep it on the books."
- "Lake Champlain" -- aircraft carrier
- "S2" aircraft
- "S2F" aircraft
- "Super Constellation" - aircraft
- "Wasp" aircraft carrier
- Aviation gas vs jet fuel
- Celestial navigation
- Cold War
- Commercial fishing
- Lieutenant Commander
- Martha Raye USO tour
- Naval height minimum
- Reciprocity engine
- The "Liberty Too" 61 foot Dragger fishing boat
- Varsity squash team
- Veterans Day celebration