Ruth Tringham and Eric Blind
Recorded June 26, 2010 Archived June 26, 2010 01:21:23
0:00 / 0:00
DescriptionEric, 35, interviews Ruth, 69, about her career as an archaeologist and her more recent involvement with The Presidio.
Subject Log / Time Code
Came to California in 1978, saw Presidio for first time. Then not again until 2000, became more involved in 2006.
Applying similar approaches to her pre-history work in her work at the Presidio.
Work at the Presidio has changed way she sees The Presidio, and her place in California. Feels like a native of San Francisco, now, has changed her identity.
Favorite parts of the Presidio; teaching students and dancing in the old ballroom.
Likes to imagine the person breaking the bread at the Presidio hundreds of years ago; less interested in the commandants.
Recording LocationPresidio Trust
Partnership TypeFee for Service
- anecdotes (humorous but true stories)
- Barbara “Barb” Voss
- cohorts (groups of friends)
- community worthies
- craft, skills, and procedures
- El Polin
- Fort Scott, San Francisco, CA
- General Pershing
- graduate school
- historical events/people
- Influential People
- military bases
- mud bricks
- Officer’s Club, The Presidio, San Francisco, CA
- personal experiences
- scientific beliefs and practices
- social beliefs and practices
- The Presidio
- University of California Berkeley