Use these questions, or create your own, in your own conversation.
- As a child, what did you want to grow up to be?
- Who has helped you get to where you are today? Can you please describe them?
- What was it like when you started in nursing?
- What’s one thing you do to connect with your patients and their families?
- What are some of your favorite work life stories?
- What aspect of your work do you find most satisfying? Least satisfying? Why?
- What lessons has your work life taught you?
- Describe a transformative moment in your life that shaped your commitment to your career.
- What is the one change you’d like to see for patients in the next 50 years?
- Knowing what you know now, is there anything in your life you would have done differently?