Suggested questions for your Roots Reunion natural hair interview.
The interview questions are mainly to help guide you an jumpstart the conversation. You do NOT have to answer all of them. Pick one or a few questions to answer or feel free to come up with your own. If you have been involved with A Nappy Hair Affair there are some questions related to that and we would love to hear some reflections about that Our hair is a passionate topic but try to keep interviews brief, no more than 10 minutes or less. Thanks!
- Is there anything else that you like to share about hair politics or our hair culture?
- If your hair could talk, what would it say? What sort of observations would it make?
- What’s the most ‘harrowing’ experience have you ever had involving your hair?
- 4. What kind of reaction did you get from others?
- 3. How difficult was it to transition from using chemical relaxers to wearing your hair in its natural state?
- 2. How long have you worn your hair naturally? What kind of experience has that been for you?
- 1. (This is the 20th anniversary of A Nappy Hair Affair) Have you ever attended a Hair Day gathering or been involved with A Nappy Hair Affair in other ways? Describe what the experience was like.